J. Michael Deege was admitted to the Iowa Bar Association after graduation from Drake University Law School in Des Moines, Iowa. He practices primarily in the Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning, Probate Law and Elder Law areas.
Prior to attaining his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from Drake University, he graduated from Illinois College, in Jacksonville, Illinois. Also, he has completed both the Iowa School of Banking and the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin. Additionally, he has attained the Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) designation.
Additionally, he has been selected to be listed in the annual edition of the ”Best Lawyers In America” for more than 10 years in the specialties of Elder Law and Trusts and Estates and most recently was selected for inclusion in the ”Great Plains Super Lawyers” list. Mike was born in Quincy, Illinois and served on active duty with the U.S. Navy.
- Iowa State Bar Association (Probate Section)
- Trust Code Committee member
- Legislative Liaison Committee member
- Polk County Bar Association
- A Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- State of Iowa Chair of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Charter Member Iowa Academy of Trust and Estate Counsel (IATEC)
- Des Moines Estate Planners Forum